Monday, February 3, 2014

Demons: For Your Pleasure

Pinterest is an incredible platform for sharing and using images. It allows you to instantly pin an image you find anywhere on the internet to a thematically organized "board". These boards can be shared with others, or kept private. Drawing on these rich stores, you can create visual encounter tables almost effortlessly. Logan Knight has already done this with the outrageous fashions of the aristocrats of Corpathium. You can see it here. (Check out his other boards; they're pretty wicked.)

For a while now, I've been collecting images of demons. I thought about starting a tumblr, but although I love tumblr, I didn't want to either spam by putting up a whole bunch of images at once, or go through the trouble of releasing them in tiny dribs and drabs over a long period of time. So pinterest is the perfect solution. I've now created a pinterest board, Demons, that now has 50 images on it. It will only grow. Here's the link. I present a small sampling of images from it below. You should all sign up. If the OSR gets on pinterest, it's going to be epic.

Michael Hutter
Forest Rogers
Gary Chalk
Stillenacht
Hector Pintoro
Jeff Simpson

4 comments:

  1. This is very interesting. I didn't know Pinterest worked like that, and I will be opening an account myself. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool cool cool. I dumped my art folder of inspirational D&D art on Pinterest as a back up but it's now grown into it's own thing. I'm really liking the new Explore Interests feature. :D

    http://www.pinterest.com/akaken23/song-of-solpertaine/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo, that's a great board. I'm following it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hell yeah it'd be great if more people got on board, sharing visual encounter boards around, nice.

    ReplyDelete